DATA PRIVACY NOTICE TO CLIENTS
Belfast Office Properties is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us or a 3rd party on our behalf. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Under the legislation Belfast Office Properties is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are:
Belfast Office Properties
C/O Ards Shopping Centre
22c Circular Road
For data matters the data processor is Belfast Office Properties.
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Marketing / Employment / Security / Health and Safety / Conducting business / Insurance purposes
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data covered under the regulation we process the following categories of your data:
Name / Address / Postcode / Gender / Telephone number / Email address / Age
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Belfast Office Properties will process your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Belfast Office
Properties and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Belfast Office Properties as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and service provided by the data controller
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with 3rd parties as necessary for processing and under contract.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However, Belfast Office Properties reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Belfast Office Properties.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will have the following consequences:
You will not receive marketing information and details of offers for Ards Shopping Centre
You may not be granted access to or permitted to work within Ards Shopping Centre
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with
respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable, i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data
controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavor to inform you directly about these changes.
Last Updated: 16/11/2021